Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Running Like Crazy

I don't often volunteer to get up at 4 a.m., wake up the kids, drive downtown and sit with the children by the side of the road for an unspecified amount of time.

But I'd do it again to see this:


Here is the last stretch of the 10K.


He's almost to the Finish Line and just heard us cheering for him. GO DADDY! GO CHRIS! (I'm definitely seeing some resemblance to Eric Liddell/Chariots of Fire here.)

After the race Chris paused to take a picture with his running mates from work. I can't believe they all went to work after this!

The boys loved clapping for all the runners, seeing cars getting towed before the parade, and not surprisingly, cheering for their Daddy. The boys can't wait to be runners like their Daddy.

And Christopher can't wait till his next race. He's much too modest to boast, but that is what a wife is for. He ran this 10K at a pace of 7 minute miles and placed 20th in his age group. Not bad for his first race!

Way to go! What started as a little lunchtime exercise has turned into this. (I shouldn't be surprised since he mentioned running up a peak a couple of times last month....)

As always, he continues to amaze me.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Holy cow, Chris!! Way to go!!!! You inspire me! Way to go family for being such a cute support to Daddy! I'm sure that's what gave his feet wings at the end stretch, there. :-)