I know it's time, but I can't bring myself to cut your golden chicky-fuzz hair because I know that when I do, your baby face will be gone forever and you will have grown into your little boy face.
But then I see a picture like this one (taken on your 1st Birthday) and realize that you're growing up with or without the haircut.
Isaac, you are part-boy/part-marsupial, my Koala Baby, as you are known around the neighborhood.
I love the way you wrap your entire soul around the things that you love. Currently those things include your family and bouncy balls (usually as big as your body).
Here you are, 10 months old, sporting your first tooth and your favorite ball. We were all a little sad when it deflated.
You are a Sweetie Tweetie. I'm not sure exactly how this nickname got started, but I think it's because instead of crying, you chirped at us like a little bird.
And you were so sweet. It was never enough just to hold Mom or just to hold Dad. If we were both in the same room, you had to hold both of us at the same time!
It's hard to imagine our family without you, Isaac. You are fun and cute, and yet you possess the unique ability to make each individual in our family feel loved and appreciated for who we are. We are so glad we had a year with our Chicky-fuzz head, Koala, Sweetie Tweetie Baby. We look forward to the next year and whatever nicknames your toddlerhood may bring...
1 comment:
Wasn't it just last week we came up and I got to hold newborn baby Isaac? Sheesh. Time is flying. How smart you are to capture his sweet baby days!
oxox to Isaac. ♥
Post a Comment