Monday, October 6, 2008

Tagged

My sis tagged me for a "Four Things" meme yesterday. (I have no idea what that word means, but I now know that it is pronounced [meem].) And sis, writing this and posting it in a public forum is indisputable evidence of how much I love you.

Four things I did today:
1. I watched General Conference.
2. I read books with my little ones—most of which were about cookies and trains (Matthew's upcoming weekly themes).
3. I baked Sunday treats—this week I made Magic Bars.
4. I went on 2 stroller walks with the boys. I couldn’t help myself. It was too beautiful today. And except for the clouds of gnats we occasionally walked into, it was perfectly pleasant.

Four things on my to-do list:
(Um, just 4? Really? I have a lot more than 4 things on my to-do list…)
1. Food storage.
2. Next week’s curriculum for Matthew.
3. Winter clothes for the little guys. [Caleb gets rashy with anything that isn’t 100% cotton and it’s hard to find Winter PJ’s and thermals that are 100% cotton. *Correction* it’s hard to find cheap 100% cotton Winter PJ’s and thermals.]
4. Christmas presents for our secret people. (It’s never too early) I’m finishing one present on Tuesday. Hmm. Three more to go. Whose names did we draw???? My lips are sealed…unless you pry them open and shove in some cheesecake. (:

Four of my guilty pleasures:
1. Beauty pageants. Yup. Back when I had cable and time, I loved to watch pageants, root for my favorites and rip open a box of Ho-Ho’s during the swimsuit competition.
2. Books. No surprise there. Once I was in a bookstore and I saw a book with the following on its cover: “Spanking Good Writing!” And I thought, “Sounds like a winner” and I bought the book.
3. D.I. (This is a second hand store.) I find great pleasure in finding deals at the second-hand store. Last week I scored three Halloween costumes, an amazing ocean-scene painting with matching frame (and signed by the painter), an L.M. Montgomery book dating back to 1910, a box of Tinkertoys, 3 kid’s books, a centerpiece for the dining room table and a Fisher Price Drop and Roar Dinosaur (in perfect condition). And all for….drumroll please....$26.
4. Fries and Shakes. Just try it. Go to Wendy’s and dip your fries in a Frosty. Sweet and salty. Yummy.

Four random facts about me:
1. My biggest heroes as a kid were Dorothy (from the Wizard of Oz) and Princess Leia. Seriously. I would not let anyone cut my hair when I was a kid, because I wanted to have Leia hair.
2. I do voice impersonations. Some of my specialties include Yoda and Inspector Clouseau. But I am also very good at replicating accents.
3. One of my favorite sounds in the world is my Dad’s laugh. It doesn’t matter what show we’re watching together, if he’s laughing, I’m laughing.
4. I’m OK with shows and books that don’t have completely happy endings. Count of Monte Cristo is a fabulous book. Jo needed to end up with the German professor [and not Laurie] and Roman Holiday (one of my all-time favorite movies) could not have feasibly ended any other way.

And here’s a Bonus Fact about Me: I never sleep. Also no big surprise.

I think I'm supposed to tag 4 people. I think a lot of you have already done something similar to this on your blogs, but if you haven't and you're interested, I tag you.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh. I neglected to mention one of the D.I. finds from my last trip-- probably because I didn't find it; Matthew did.

I'm a little surprised at my forgetfulness. This particular object has been a dinner guest at our table for the past several nights and is the second object that Matthew greets in the morning (I'm still the first).

"It" is a styrofoam stuffed, bright royal blue with neon green belly and spots (that glow-in-the-dark)gecko. And it is just about as tall as Master Matthew.

Originally Matthew had asked to find a truck. So we get to the counter and I say, "Do you want a truck instead?"
"No! LIZARD!" (The check-out lady called it a lizard)
Alrighty then. Lizard it is.

Look out Chicken and Monkey. You may have met your match!

Wendy said...

LOL!!!!

I loved all your answers. You should do more memes -- I got a great ab workout this morning, laughing all the way through your post. Ho-ho's during the pageant...LOL! :-D

Can't wait to meet Mr. Gecko! Remind me to shop with Matthew next time I go to DI. :-)