Nevertheless, it got me thinking about some old memories. I hadn't seen our wedding pictures for several years (we didn't take them with us to Hawaii), so I pulled a few out. Wow. It's amazing how a picture can transport you back in time.
We took our engagement photos on Chris' birthday. It had snowed that day and it was still snowing. (No, that is NOT dandruff in our hair; it is snow.) I remember the photographer asked us to kiss for a shot. It was very embarrassing. The picture she took right after the kiss is one of my favorites; it's a picture of us, still holding each other and smiling stupidly because we were too in love not to kiss, but too shy to kiss in public.
So now I'm looking at those photos thinking, That was a long time ago. Since then (between the both of us) there's been 3 college degrees, 4 moves, 3 states, 1 teaching license, 4 jobs, 2 kids, 1 house, I'm not even going to count the callings and all the new friends and family.
I've lost 2 grandparents and some of my eyesight (it's alright boys; you were worth it!), gotten pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel and a pinched nerve down my right leg (still worth it), and gained a few more eye crinkles and a few more pounds (OK; that's my own fault. But you'll be happy to know that I have conclusively proven that Mint Oreos reign supreme.)
That was before we knew about sleep apnea and gastroesophageal reflux and ENTs and kidney stones that get stuck. That was before all our little trips all over the country and Nielsen's Frozen Custard and Ted's Bakery (A moment of silence, please. We still miss having lunch there.) We've done so many things and made so many more memories since those photos...
So, I'm looking at these photos and remembering everything that's happened since then and asking myself, Knowing what you know now, would you still say "yes" and do it all again? My answer: In a heartbeat!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, Rebekah! I can't believe you were here on a link from the Palmer's blog and it took me this long to find it! It's so good to see your posts and see that you are all doing so well! I didn't even know that the littlest was named Caleb. He's a cutie, and I'm surprised at how different he looks than Matthew (at least to me). I miss you and wish I could just come over and play and talk like old times! My email is rob_lobbin@yahoo.com if you want to send a message sometime. I don't have a blog, but I posted on the palmer's one once. :) Love ya, Robin
I love those pictures!!
Oh sure, bring *that* up. (:
Yes, if I had to do it all over again, I would say yes the *first* time he asked.
Picky. Picky.
(laughing to myself) You're all great. Robin, Kate, and all of you who sent e-mail responses: thanks!
Post a Comment