We started the day by going to the Zoo!
Coincidentally one of the elephants was celebrating a birthday too!
We signed a large birthday card for HyDari (the second oldest
elephant in North America), made an African mask and watched
Dari eat her birthday cake (aka. fruit frozen in a cake-shaped piece of ice).
Matthew loved all the animals-- the little squirrels, monkeys, giraffes, bears, tiger, zebras, rhinos, elephants, white alligator, birds, lemurs and so on. Personally I enjoyed the perturbed-looking little penguins.
Caleb also enjoyed the Zoo, in his own way. He only woke up once.
By noon we were very hot, hungry and tired so we went home for lunch and naps.
After naps we began round 2 of the festivities. BBQ with the grandparents, cake and presents. Matthew loved everything he received--thank you to everyone for your thoughtfulness!
We ended with bubbles and kiddie pool time. What a day!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Matthew!! What a fun day.
Happy Birthday, Matthew! It sounds like you had an awesome birthday. (I think I drank from that same lion drinking fountain when I was a little girl...) Thanks for sharing his day with us, Rebekah.
Post a Comment