Our favorite place was the Hill Aerospace Museum. It's hard to believe that this place is free!
I love that even with all the gigantic airplanes around, Isaac found equal fascination with the rocks and wood chips. He carried that wood chip around for several days-- even took it to church and started hollering when he lost it under the pew during sacrament meeting.
Chris was pretty giddy. He pointed out all the cool features on the airplanes and showed the kids his favorite planes. I think he enjoyed the experience as much as the kids.
There were a lot of cool displays and information. But the kids aren't quite old enough to let mom and dad hang around and read all the boards and placards. They got interested in one display because it had a video. It was about POW's and how they were tortured. "Hey kids! What's that over there? Waaaaaayyyy over there?"
Isaac insisted on having a photo taken of this pose. I'm not sure what the caption here would read...
This was Matthew's favorite outdoor plane because it was the biggest-looking.
Caleb did a lot of superhero moves in between planes.
We also checked out Union Station which has a train museum, a car museum, and a gun museum.
I liked seeing the vault that held the Golden Spike. The kids liked the toy train.
The kids wanted to pose with their favorite gun. Actually they wanted me to take a picture of all the guns. But I said no. This was our compromise.
I've always thought of Isaac as being so petite, but this pose kinda bulks him up. He's looking all Dodge City.
We celebrated Opa's birthday early by going out for Chinese.
We also had some time for being silly.
No comments:
Post a Comment