Matthew started his 1st day of First Grade looking excited and confident.
He found his assigned coat/backpack hook.
After he found his seat, his Chinese teacher came over, pointed to several items in his box, and said a bunch of stuff in Chinese. Then she walked away.
Matthew looked up at me. "Does she want me to put those things in my pencil box?"
I wanted to remind him that the woman was speaking in MANDARIN-- A LOT-- and that I was the last person on the planet to translate for him.
But instead I smiled, looked at the kid's box sitting across from him, and said what the school had trained me to say,
"Yes, Matthew. That sounds great!" [quick squeeze] "OK. Love you. Have a great day at school. Bye!"
Caleb cruised into Preschool this year.
I wanted to pat his teachers on the back and say, "You're in for a lot of fun this year." But I restrained myself.
Here's Caleb with his new Preschool class!
And Isaac started Mommy School this year.
(Courtesy of Brightly Beaming Resources: Letter of the Week Preparatory Curriculum)
Isaac is so deliciously adorable, I might have to forget about teaching, bundle him up in my arms, and pepper his sweet little cheeks with kisses until he giggles.
AAAHHH! Isaac, you're so CUTE! Alright. We'll have school time. *sigh* Unit One: Cows.
Happy First Days of School, Boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment