Monday, November 17, 2008

A Discussion of Superpowers

Superhero Matthew and his adoring fan, Caleb.

A couple months ago I became acutely aware of my lack of Superpowers. "Wow. I don't have a Superpower. I can't think of a single one in my possession," I thought to myself. It was a sobering moment. Enter Matthew.

"Mommy," he says, taking my hand and leading me to the window sill. "Big owie." He points to a dead fly. "Fix it? Give it BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGG kiss?"

So according to Matthew, I have enough power in a single kiss to restore a dead fly to full health and prosperity (if a fly could be called prosperous). That's pretty powerful. What else can this kiss do?

I declined to showcase my newly named Superpower so I could avoid exposure and remain at home with the boys, but still, it was kind of nice to know I had one.

What's your Superpower?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm... I have to say enjoying reruns! Yup! (Well, most of them. Even I have my limits.)

Wendy said...

I can't believe how big Caleb is getting! He will make the perfect sidekick for Super Matthew. :-)

Your superpower goes back to you being Cinderella/princess. Magic kisses come standard in the Princess package...

...and also in the Mommy package. Coincidence? I think not.

Love ya!

ali said...

my superpowers......deflecting parental advice from single people and grandparents....although occasional letdowns in the powershield can cause glitch in confidence. lol

Shauna said...

Cute pictures :) Thanks for sharing :)